Today was the day that my mom was born in 1925. It is also the same day that she got married. She was a supermom before it was fashionable. She sewed all of our clothes, cooked gourmet meals (ask Joanie), knew classical music and theatre, was room-mom, was a mortgage loan officer, an incredible gardener, brilliant, beautiful, a great dancer and harmonizer and really funny. Not to mention great at etiquette and writing and helping me with art projects (never my strong suit).
I wish I had a picture to publish here right now. However, I am down with my "other mom" in San Clemente. Jackie is Bob's mom and we celebrated my mom's life today. Early in the day, Jackie (Mom) and I held hands and she said, "Let's say a prayer for your mom." So we did. My mom would be very happy that I spent the day with "Mom Riley."
My life is truly blessed. I get to be with Jackie until Thursday. I know we will share a lot of laughs and love as we always do.
Enjoy your day and think great thoughts about your mom,
Denise
No comments:
Post a Comment